Parksville marks the beginning of beach country and naturally the focus is on the outstanding waterfront.
When the tide is low, hundreds of metres of sand beckon to castle builders and beachcombers. As the tide comes in, the water is warmed by the hot sand and is perfect for swimming, Relax in the sun, play in the water, stroll along the shoreline, or play a round of golf - Parksville has something to please everyone:
- Anglers come to Parksville for both salt water and freshwater catches: the area's streams are known for trout and steelhead, while the waters around several small islands offshore offer salmon, halibut, and cod.
- Outdoor enthusiasts head to Englishman River Falls Provincial Park for hiking, fishing, and camping. One of the hiking trails lead to petroglyphs depicting a bear and two whales.
- Hikers, campers, and birdwatchers are drawn to the flatlands and beaches of Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park.
- Nature lovers enjoy Rhododendron Lake, where wild rhododendrons from before the last Ice-Age are found.
- Golfers tee off on one of 6 exceptional courses in the Parksville area.
- Kids and adults love the fun-filled mini-golf courses located on the beach in Parksville.
- History buffs enjoy the museum and a number of restored historic buildings, including St. Anne's Anglican Church, the area's first post office and fire hall, and the Heritage Church.
- Shoppers find crafts and bargains at several stores along the highway.
- Sandcastle builders from all over the world compete in the International Sandcastle Competion. One of the rules is that these remarkably detailed sand creations must be constructed between tides.
- In April, birdwatchers celebrate the arrival of thousands of Brant Geeese at the 3-day Brant Festival. Art, photography, and carving exhibitions highlight this weekend of family fun.
For more information, please visit
For Latest Stats Click Here
If you would like to learn more about this area or have any questions, our friendly staff are happy to help! Call (604) 618-8108 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also fill out our Handy Relocation Form to receive valuable information that can assist you in your move!